This may be goodbye, but your message will carry on and continue to inspire generations of Disney lovers. Continue reading
The incredibly popular Red Rose Sipper, which originally debuted at Disneyland, has made its way to Gaston’s Tavern and is now available to purchase. Continue reading
There are many reasons to work for Disney, but there’s one in particular that you’ve probably never thought about. Continue reading
Rivers of Lights has officially debuted at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and I had the opportunity to experience it for myself. This is a show you do not want to miss. Continue reading
When I went to Magic Kingdom for the very first time only four years ago, I fell in love with Tomorrowland. The theme, the attractions, the atmosphere- it quickly became my favorite land in the park. Upon finding out that … Continue reading
After the excitement of getting accepted into the Disney College Program settles, you will start to get asked things like, “so why are you doing the program?” and “how is working at Disney going to help your future?” And maybe … Continue reading
It is no secret to anyone that knows me, or reads this blog, that I am in love with Disney. My time on the Disney College Program only made my love for Disney stronger and ever since I left, I’ve … Continue reading
Remember when you got accepted into the Disney College Program? Remember when you were three months away from check in? Remember when you made it to the final month? Remember when it was only one week left? Remember when it … Continue reading
Theme Park Princess here! Are you a former Disney College Program participant who wants to share with your Disney Ohana what you’ve been up to since you finished your program? Well, I am happy to share that I will be … Continue reading
The holidays at Walt Disney World® are my absolute favorite.
We may not get fall or winter here in Florida, but Disney lets us pretend that we do.
Every September through November, Disney hosts ‘Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party and every November through December they host ‘Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.’ Both are separate ticketed events that go from 7PM-12AM on select nights at the Magic Kingdom.
Since these events require a separate ticket, sometimes it’s hard to find the time (and money) to do both. That leaves us with one question: if you must choose one, which party do you attend?
My personal choice is MNSSHP, even though the holiday season, particularly Christmas, is my favorite. Here’s why:
- Everything you see at MVMCP, you can see when the parties are officially over. Yes, you head right. ALL. OF. IT. The parade (Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade) replaces Festival of Fantasy until the beginning of January and the castle lighting show is performed every night along with Holiday Wishes. The only things you really miss out on are the complimentary hot cocoa and cookies they give out during the party. So if you plan to be in Disney anywhere from December 19 to January 1-2, you don’t need to attend MVMCP unless you really want the free treats.
- You can dress up AND trick-or-treat during MNSSHP! That’s right: kids AND adults can dress up as their favorite Disney characters (or anything, of course) and get as much candy as they want throughout the night. Nothing beats free candy. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
- Mickey and the gang are dressed in the CUTEST Halloween costumes, as well as some other characters that you can meet throughout the night. It’s pretty much the best thing ever and you NEED to see it in person.
- HalloWishes. The SOUNDTRACK for this fireworks display, more specifically, is probably my favorite soundtrack aside from Festival of Fantasy. It’s creepy. It’s suspenseful. It goes perfectly with the fireworks. Everything about it has me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. (But don’t get me wrong, Holiday Wishes is a sight to see, too.)
- The decorations. Oh, the decorations. Christmas is my favorite holiday but the way the Magic Kingdom looks during the fall months is simply breathtaking. I think what makes it especially nice is that the Magic Kingdom is the only park decorated during this time.
Tickets are still available for MNSSHP through November 1, with Halloween already sold out. And tickets are available for MVMCP which starts November 8. You can find more information here.
Will you be attending one of the parties this year? Which holiday is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!